Monday 20 April 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Hoffmann and Italo Acconcia.
The Wizard of Oz, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Constant Nymph by Margaret Kenned was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1925!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1925 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Richard Hoffmann: Composer.
- Italo Acconcia: Italian soccer player.
- Henri Renaud: French jazz pianist (Swing, Bebop and Cool), film composer and record company executive.
- Ernie Stautner: NFL defensive tackle (Pittsburgh Steelers)/WLAF head coach (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- 29th Boston Marathon won by Charles Mellor of Illinois in 2:33:00.6.
- Iranian forces of Rezā Shāh occupy Ahwaz, and arrest Sheikh Khaz'al.
- Scopes Trial: Dayton, Tennessee, biology teacher John Scopes is arrested for teaching Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
- The General Election Law is passed in Japan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1925 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- O! Katharina - Ted Lewis & His Band
- At the End of the Road - Lewis James
- Why Couldn't it be Poor Little Me? - Isham Jones Conducting Ray Miller's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?