Sunday 9 September 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ophélie-Cyrielle Étienne and Billy Hamilton.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blaze Of Glory by Jon Bon Jovi.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
State of Grace, directed by Phil Joanou, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Hit Men by Fredric Dannen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jiskefet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battletech: The Crescent Hawks' Revenge or Challenge of the Ancient Empires!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1990 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Ophélie-Cyrielle Étienne: French swimming champion, an Olympic Bronze medalist in 2012.
- Billy Hamilton: American baseball player (Born 1866).
- Kyle Harris: YouTube Star.
- Shaun Johnson: Rugby Player.
- Haley Reinhart: American singer, American Idol contestant.
- Zach Rance: Reality Star
- Andrew Smith: American basketball player (d. 2016)
- Jordan Tabor: English footballer (d. 2014)
- Rimantas Antanas Stankiavichus: Russian Cosmonaut, dies at 46.
- Doc Cramer: American baseball player (Born 1905).
- Nicola Abbagnano: Italian philosopher, an existentialist in the tradition of Heidegger and Jaspers.
- Alexander Men: Russian priest and scholar (d. 1990).
- Samuel Doe: Liberian sergeant and politician 21st President of Liberia (d. 1990).
- 110th US Mens Tennis: Pete Sampras beats Andre Agassi (64 63 62)
- Bush and Gorbachev meet in Helsinki and urge Iraq to leave Kuwait
- Oakland beats New York 7-3 to complete a 12-game sweep of Yankees this year
- Patty Sheehan wins LPGA Ping-Cellular One Golf Championship
- 1990 Batticaloa massacre, massacre of 184 minority Tamil civilians by Sri Lankan Army in the eastern Batticaloa District of Sri Lanka.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
- Sweet Sensation - If Wishes Came True
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- New Kids On The Block - Tonight
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Faith No More - Epic
- Janet Jackson - Come Back To Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 September 1990
- Denver Broncos - Los Angeles Raiders : 9 - 14
- Houston Oilers - Atlanta Falcons : 27 - 47
- Indianapolis Colts - Buffalo Bills : 10 - 26
- Los Angeles Rams - Green Bay Packers : 24 - 36
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?