Tuesday 9 September 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peyton Edmonds .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Way Of The World by Ron Suskind was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Body in Numbers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Catching Features or Berlitz English Dictionary.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 9 September 2008 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Peyton Edmonds: American child of noted parent, her dad is Grammy-winning R&B singer Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and his girlfriend Nicole Pantenburg.
- The proton beam is circulated for the first time in the Large Hadron Collider, the world's largest and highest-energy particle accelerator, located at CERN, near Geneva, under the Franco-Swiss border.
- The 2008 Bandar Abbas earthquake strikes southern Iran, killing 7 and injuring 45 people.
- Al Franken wins a primary election for the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party to challenge incumbent Senator Norm Coleman in the Minnesota Senate election. (AP via Google News)
- The military of Sri Lanka declares 12 of its soldiers and one policeman killed in a suicide attack by the Tamil Tigers in Mullaittivu. (BBC News)
- Prime Minister of Malaysia Abdullah Ahmad Badawi states that the governing United Malays National Organization (UMNO) will punish Ahmad Ismail, a party official, for a series of statements he made about Malaysia's ethnic Chinese population. (''Wall Street Journal'')
- Hurricane Ike makes its second landfall on Cuba, near San Cristóbal, north of the Isle of Youth, on its way into the Gulf of Mexico. (CNN)
- US President George W. Bush pledges 4,500 troops to Afghanistan over the next few months and orders 8,000 troops currently stationed in Iraq to be home by February. (CBC News)
- Apple Inc. unveils the revamped iPod line-up including the redesigned, fourth-generation iPod Nano. (Reuters)
- Georgian opposition members demand President of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili's resignation. Saakashvili believes he will ampquotsurvive the crisis politicallyampquot. (Newstin)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?