Friday August 10, 1906
US date format: 8/10/1906, UK date format: 10/8/1906
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 10, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Era Bell Thompson [Dakota Dick] .
Waiting at the Church, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 10, 1906?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- See more
- Pope Pius X bans Associations cults
- Era Bell Thompson [Dakota Dick]: US actress (Ebony).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 10, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Waiting at the Church (My Wife Won't Let Me)