Thursday August 23, 1906
US date format: 8/23/1906, UK date format: 23/8/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 23, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Charles Biederman and Harriet Parsons.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 23, 1906?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- See more
- Chicago White Sox win 19th straight, beating Washingston Senators
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 23, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Arthur Pryor's Band - You're a Grand Old Flag
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Bashful Henry and His Lovin' Lucy
- Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan - By the Light of the Honeymoon
- Bert Williams - Pretty Desdamone