Thursday 23 August 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 23, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Biederman and Harriet Parsons.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1906 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Charles Biederman
- Harriet Parsons: American film producer and noted family, the daughter of columnist Louella Parsons.
- Chicago White Sox win 19th straight, beating Washingston Senators
- Unable to control a rebellion Cuban President Tomás Estrada Palma requests United States intervention. The subsequent provisional occupation administration lasts until 1909.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1906 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Pretty Desdamone - Bert Williams
- By the Light of the Honeymoon - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
- Bashful Henry and His Lovin' Lucy - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- You're a Grand Old Flag - Arthur Pryor's Band