Saturday 4 August 1906US date format: 8/4/1906, UK date format: 4/8/1906
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie José of Belgium and Marie José .
Waiting at the Church, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1906 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Marie José of Belgium
- Marie-Jose of Belgium: consort of Umberto II of Italy (d. 2001).
- Marie José : Belgian royalty, named Marie-Jose Charlotte Sofie Amelie.
- Marie José: Marie José of Belgium (d. 2001).
- Eugen Schuhmacher: German zoologist director and producer (d. 1973).
- Central Railway Station, Sydney opens.