Sunday 5 August 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Walder [Francois Waldburger] and Wassely Leontief.
while The Jungle by Upton Sinclair was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1906 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Francis Walder [Francois Waldburger]: Belgian author.
- Wassely Leontief: Russ / US economist (Nobel 1973).
- John Huston: American film director, screenwriter and actor.
- Ettore Majorana: Italian theoretical physicist who began work on neutrino masses.
- Francis Walder: France Writer.
- Joan Hickson: British actress (Born 1906)
- Wassily Leontief: German-American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1999)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Home, Sweet Home - Richard Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?