Sunday 5 August 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Huston and Ettore Majorana.
Waiting at the Church, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1906 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- John Huston: American film director, screenwriter and actor.
- Ettore Majorana: Italian theoretical physicist who began work on neutrino masses.
- Francis Walder: France Writer.
- Francis Walder [Francois Waldburger]: Belgian author.
- Wassily Leontief: German-American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1999).