Sunday 19 August 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philo T Farnsworth and Philo Farnsworth.
Lika mot lika, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Jane Cable by George Barr McCutcheon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1906 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?