Thursday 16 August 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Franz Josef II .
Lika mot lika, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The Fighting Chance by Robert W. Chambers was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1906 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Franz Josef II: Prince of Liechtenstein (1938-89).
- A magnitude 8.2 earthquake in Valparaíso, Chile leaves approximately 20,000 dead.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Waiting at the Church (My Wife Won't Let Me) - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?