Monday 13 August 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chuck Carroll and Art Shires.
Waiting at the Church, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1906 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Chuck Carroll: American football player and lawyer (d. 2003).
- Art Shires: American baseball player and boxer (d. 1967).
- Black soldiers raid Brownsville Texas.