Wednesday 10 August 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gianluca Nicco and Dylan Ferguson.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Temptation of Christ, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hot Chase or Jaseiken Necromancer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1988!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1988 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Gianluca Nicco: Italian footballer.
- Dylan Ferguson: American Olympic athlete, he was selected to be a member of the US Ski team for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
- Francesco Acerbi: Italian footballer.
- Julia Melim: Brazilian actress.
- Matt Biondi swims world record 100m free style (48.42 seconds)
- Rodrigo Borja installed as President of Ecuador
- Japanese American internment: U.S. President Ronald Reagan signs the Civil Liberties Act of 1988, providing $20,000 payments to Japanese Americans who were either interned in or relocated by the United States during World War II.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- George Michael - Monkey
- Richard Marx - Hold On To The Nights
- Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?