Tuesday August 16, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rumer Willis and Kevin Schmidt.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
Betrayed, directed by Costa-Gavras, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Duchess Of Windsor by Charles Higham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching First Impressions.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Erika to Satoru no Yume Bōken or Final Fantasy II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1988!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1988 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Rumer Willis: American actress and singer, the daughter of Bruce Willis and Wife Demi Moore.
- Kevin Schmidt: American actor.
- Parker Young: Actor.
- Rumer Willis American actress: child of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.
- Milton Adolphus: Composer, dies at 75.
- IBM introduces software for artificial intelligence
- Jailed black nationalist Nelson Mandela struck with tuberculosis
- Mayor Koch says he plans to wipe out street-corner windshield washers
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- George Michael - Monkey
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rick James Featuring Roxanne Shante - Loosey's Rap
- Freddie Jackson - Nice 'N' Slow
- Loose Ends - Watching You
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- Troop - Mamacita
- Al B. Sure! - Off On Your Own (Girl)
- Guy - Groove Me
- Shirley Murdock - Husband
- Gregory Hines - That Girl Wants To Dance With Me
- Whitney Houston - Love Will Save The Day
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?