Wednesday August 31, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 31, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rachel Legrain-Trapani and Tanaya Henry.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Monkey by George Michael.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Ringers, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Senatorial Privilege by Leo Damore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching First Impressions.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hot Rod or Batman: The Caped Crusader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1988!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1988 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Rachel Legrain-Trapani
- Matt Adams: Baseball Player.
- Tanaya Henry: Model.
- David Ospina: Soccer Player.
- Ken Kallaste: Estonian footballer.
- 5-day power blackout of downtown Seattle begins
- Arbitrator George Nicolau rules owners conspired against free agents
- Bomb attack on office of South Africa Council of Churches
- Five-day power blackout of downtown Seattle, Washington, USA begins.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Monkey
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
- Van Halen - When It's Love
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
Top #10 R&B songs
- Freddie Jackson - Nice 'N' Slow
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- Loose Ends - Watching You
- Michael Jackson - Another Part Of Me
- Whitney Houston - Love Will Save The Day
- Shirley Murdock - Husband
- Shake Your Thang - Salt-N-Pepa Featuring E.U.
- Gregory Hines - That Girl Wants To Dance With Me
- George Michael - Monkey
- Pebbles - Take Your Time
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?