Thursday August 18, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 18, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include G-Dragon and Siri Tollerød.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
Betrayed, directed by Costa-Gavras, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Shining Through by Susan Isaacs was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching First Impressions.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arcade Game Construction Kit or Elemental.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 August 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1988!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1988 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- G-Dragon : South Korean singer-songwriter rapper producer and dancer (Big Bang).
- Siri Tollerød
- Katarina Ivanovska
- Jack Hobbs: English footballer.
- G-Drago G-Dragon: Musician.
- Eggert Jónsson: Icelandic footballer.
- Luke Jackson: English author.
- Eggert Jonsson: Icelandic footballer.
- G Dragon: Rapper.
- FDA approves Minoxidil as a hair loss treatment
- Largest house (130 rooms) on Long Island, New York sells for $22 million.
- Republican Convention in New Orleans select Bush-Quayle ticket
- The Republican National Convention in New Orleans, Louisiana nominates George H.W. Bush for President and James "Dan" Quayle for Vice President of the United States of America.
- American FDA approves Minoxidil as a hair loss treatment.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- George Michael - Monkey
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rick James Featuring Roxanne Shante - Loosey's Rap
- Freddie Jackson - Nice 'N' Slow
- Loose Ends - Watching You
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- Troop - Mamacita
- Al B. Sure! - Off On Your Own (Girl)
- Guy - Groove Me
- Shirley Murdock - Husband
- Gregory Hines - That Girl Wants To Dance With Me
- Whitney Houston - Love Will Save The Day
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?