Sunday 21 August 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Lewandowski and Pingping He.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
Betrayed, directed by Costa-Gavras, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching First Impressions.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arena Football or Gradius II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1988!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1988 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Robert Lewandowski: Polish football player, playing for the Bayern Munich and captaining his national team.
- Pingping He
- Kacey Musgraves: Country Singer.
- Louise Setara: English singer-songwriter.
- Victoria Baker-Harber: Reality Star.
- Whitney Sloan: English actress.
- Reina Scully: YouTube Star.
- Paris Bennett: American singer and finalist on American Idol (season 5).
- Cease fire between Iran and Iraq takes effect after 8 years of war
- Juli Inkster wins LPGA Atlantic City Golf Classic
- Yordanka Donkova runs world record 100 m hurdles (12.21)
- Major earthquake of magnitude 6.6 hits the Nepal-India Border. Estimated 1,004 people killed and more than 16,000 injured
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- George Michael - Monkey
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rick James Featuring Roxanne Shante - Loosey's Rap
- Freddie Jackson - Nice 'N' Slow
- Loose Ends - Watching You
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- Troop - Mamacita
- Al B. Sure! - Off On Your Own (Girl)
- Guy - Groove Me
- Shirley Murdock - Husband
- Gregory Hines - That Girl Wants To Dance With Me
- Whitney Houston - Love Will Save The Day
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?