Saturday 11 August 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donald DeCicco and Vincent Bilodeau.
A Place in the Sun, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1951 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Donald DeCicco: Brockton, Massachusetts -- Fictional ID of Beldar in Coneheads.
- Vincent Bilodeau: Canadian actor and comedian.
- Ebbe Hamerik: Composer, dies at 52.
- 100,000 acres flooded from Mississippi River in Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Illinois
- 1st color baseball game (Braves vs. Dodgers) telecast (WCBS-NYC)
- New York Giants (NFL) beat Ottawa Roughriders (Canadian Football League) 38-6 in Ottawa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gimme a Little Kiss, Will Ya, Huh? - April Stevens (Henri Rene Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?