Tuesday 11 December 1928US date format: 12/11/1928, UK date format: 11/12/1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tomas Gutierrez Alea and Rafael Cortijo.
The Spieler, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1928 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Tomas Gutierrez Alea: Filmmaker.
- Rafael Cortijo: Puerto Rican musician, orchestra leader, and composer.
- NL President John Heydler proposes designated hitter for pitchers
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) police thwart an attempt on US President-elect Herbert Hoover.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Crumit - A Gay Caballero
- You're the Cream in My Coffee - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra