Tuesday 11 December 1945US date format: 12/11/1945, UK date format: 11/12/1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 11, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Pickett and Ann Turner.
The Stork Club, directed by Hal Walker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1945 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Ann Turner: Writer.
- Robert Pickett: Rocker.
- Jonathan Preston: American author, editor, journalist,...
- Donald Simpson: American homicide victim, an identical...
- Rachel Russell: Children's Author.
- Charles Fabry: French physicist; specialized in optics...
- Het Parool publishes first "Captain Rob" Dutch comic strip.