Sunday 7 February 1943US date format: 2/7/1943, UK date format: 7/2/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 7, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvain Lelièvre and Gareth Hunt.
Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, directed by Freddie Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 February 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1943 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Sylvain Lelièvre
- Gareth Hunt: English actor (d. 2007).
- Greydon Clark: American film director since 1958, primarily in the low budget exploitation field such as Angel’s Brigade," 1979 and "Mad Dog Coll," 1993.
- Peter Carey: Novelist.
- Eric Foner: American historian author and academic.
- Shoe rationing begins in US (may purchase up to three more pairs in 1942).
- Imperial Japanese naval forces complete the evacuation of Imperial Japanese Army troops from Guadalcanal during Operation Ke, ending Japanese attempts to retake the island from Allied forces in the Guadalcanal Campaign.
- WWII: In the United States, it is announced that shoe rationing will go into effect in 2 days.