Saturday 20 February 1943US date format: 2/20/1943, UK date format: 20/2/1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 20, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos (singer) and Mike Leigh.
The Youngest Profession, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 February 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1943 ?
- Carlos (singer)
- Mike Leigh: Dramatist / director (High Hopes, Secrets & Lies).
- Antonio Inoki: Japanese wrestler mixed martial artist and politician.
- Carlos : French singer, entertainer, and actor, Francoise Dolto's son.
- Antonio Inoki [Kanji Rikidozan]: Wrestler (NJPW / JWA).
- Tom McNally: Baron McNally English politician.
- Moshe Cotel: American composer and pianist (Born 1943).
- Lord McNally
- Aleksandr Pavlovich Alexandrov Russian cosmonaut (Soyuz T-9: TM-3).
- Allied troops occupy Kasserine pass in Tunisia.
- Phil Wrigley and B Rickey charter All-American Girls Softball League.
- The Paricutin volcano begins to form in Paricutin, Mexico.
- American movie studio executives agree to allow the Office of War Information to censor movies.
- The Saturday Evening Post publishes the first of Norman Rockwell's Four Freedoms in support of United States President Franklin Roosevelt's 1941 State of the Union address theme of Four Freedoms.