Wednesday 17 February 1943US date format: 2/17/1943, UK date format: 17/2/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 17, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Rinaldi and Lawrence Berjoan.
The Youngest Profession, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 February 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1943 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Gérard Rinaldi: French singer and actor, he was first of all the voice and the soul of the "Charlots" band.
- Lawrence Berjoan: French member of the National Skating team.
- Costas Azariadis: Greek macroeconomist.
- Barbara Anderson: American housewife and political activist, the head of a popular anti-tax group called Citizens for Limited Taxation.
- Joe Medjuck: Canadian actor and producer.
- General Major Bradley flies to Washington DC
- New York Yankee Joe DiMaggio, enlists into the US army
- Dutch churches protest at Seyss-Inquart against persecution of Jews.