Thursday 18 February 1943US date format: 2/18/1943, UK date format: 18/2/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 18, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Monty (French singer) and Graeme Garden.
The Youngest Profession, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 February 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1943 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Monty (French singer)
- Graeme Garden: Scottish actor, comic and scriptwriter.
- Ricky Gianco: Italian singer, songwriter, guitarist and record producer, considered one of the founders of Italian rock music.
- Wilfried Puis: Belgium sport Champion.
- Henri Polak: Dutch union leader/politician (Social-Democrat), dies at age 74.
- 1st edition of Dutch resistance newspaper Trouw
- Augusto Pinochet Ugarte (Chilean General / dictator) marries Lucia Hiriart
- Munich resistance group "White Rose" captured by Germans.
- William D Cox buys Philadelphia Phillies.
- The Nazis arrest the members of the White Rose movement.
- Joseph Goebbels delivers his Sportpalast speech.