Wednesday 10 February 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 10, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert Gruss and Mary McGarry Morris.
Submarine Alert, directed by Frank McDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 February 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 10 February 1943 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Gilbert Gruss
- Mary McGarry Morris: Novelist.
- Ral Donner [Ralph Stuart] in Black Mountain: North Carolina, USA; singer (Starfires).
- Bill Laskey: American football player.
- Manifesto of Algerian People calls for equality and self-determination
- 8th Army sweeps through North Africa to Tunisia
- Van der Veen Resistance starts fire in Amsterdam employment bureau.
- World War II: Attempting to completely lift the Siege of Leningrad, the Soviet Red Army engages German troops and Spanish volunteers in the Battle of Krasny Bor.
- March 3 ampndash Mohandas Gandhi keeps a hunger strike to protest his imprisonment.