Saturday 11 January 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 11, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Martin Folz and Bryan Robson.
Vacation Days, directed by Arthur Dreifuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1947 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Jean-Martin Folz: French businessman, the chairman and CEO of PSA Peugeot Citroën from 1997 to 2007.
- Bryan Robson: English international soccer star.
- Wyn Grant: British political scientist and professor of politics at the University of Warwick.
- Anna Calder-Marshall: Kensington, England -- Actress (Zulu Dawn).
- Eva Tanguay: Canadian-born singer and entertainer (Born 1879).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - A Gal in Calico
- Huggin' and a-Chalkin' - Johnny Mercer
- A Gal in Calico - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Eve Young)