Saturday 10 February 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenny Rankin and Hamish Imlach.
A Chump at Oxford, directed by Alfred Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Kitty Foyle by Christopher Morle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 February 1940 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Kenny Rankin: American singer-songwriter (d. 2009).
- Hamish Imlach: Folk singer / comic.
- Mary Rand-Bignal-Toomey: England, United Kingdom -- Long jumper (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Abdul-Aziz ibn Abdullah Al ash-Sheikh: Saudi Arabian scholar and academic 4th Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia.
- Mary Rand: British athlete, former world record holder in the long jump.
- In The Mood by Glenn Miller hits #1
- Tom and Jerry created by Hanna and Barbera debut by MGM
- MGM debuts animated cat and mouse characters "Tom and Jerry", created by Hanna and Barbera.
- US male Figure Skating championship won by Eugene Turner.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?