Wednesday July 11, 1956
US date format: 7/11/1956, UK date format: 11/7/1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Anthony Eden (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sela Ward and Robin Renucci.
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
High Society, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1956?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 11, 1956?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- Various Artists - All Star Hit Parade (EP)
- The Goons - I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 11If July 11, 1956 is your birthday you're 64 years, 1 month, 1 day old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 10 months, 29 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free