Tuesday 11 June 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 11, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilles Verlant and Bruce Plummer.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Smell of Success, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1957 ?
- Gilles Verlant: Belgian journalist and biographer specialized in pop-rock music, son of Louis Verlant, journalist at the RTBF.
- Bruce Plummer: Seattle, Washington -- Canadian Tour golfer (1994 West Coast).
- Jamaaladeen Tacuma: American bass player and bandleader.
- 12 die in a train crash in Vroman, Colorado
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Bonnie Guitar - Dark Moon
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?