Tuesday 11 June 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Plummer and Gilles Verlant.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Tammy and the Bachelor, directed by Joseph Pevney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1957 ?
- Bruce Plummer: Seattle, Washington -- Canadian Tour golfer (1994 West Coast).
- Gilles Verlant: Belgian journalist and biographer specialized in pop-rock music, son of Louis Verlant, journalist at the RTBF.
- Jamaaladeen Tacuma: American bass player and bandleader.
- 12 die in a train crash in Vroman, Colorado
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Bonnie Guitar - Dark Moon
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?