Tuesday 19 July 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Kiss Me, directed by Alexandra-Therese Keining, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Against All Enemies by Tom Clancy with Peter Telep was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Home Alabama.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn or Bulletstorm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 19 July 2011 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 July
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Security forces shoot dead at least 10 people in Homs. (AP via Google News)
- Forces loyal to Guinean President Alpha Condé repel an attack by unknown assailants on his residence in Conakry. (BBC)
- A leaked United Nations report suggests war crimes may have been committed in South Kordofan in Sudan during a recent conflict. (Al Jazeera)
- Eight Pakistani employees of the United States based American Refugee Committee are kidnapped in southwest Pakistan near the border with Afghanistan. (Reuters)
- Israel's navy confiscates a French yacht bound for Gaza, which departed from Greece and attempted to run the blockade after repeated warnings to make for Ashdod instead. No casualties are reported. (AFP via Google News)
- Typhoon Ma-on, the second typhoon of the 2011 Pacific typhoon season, approaches the main Japanese island of Honshu leading to cancellation of air services. (''Japan Times'')
- Tropical Storm Dora becomes a hurricane with a tropical storm watch issued for southwestern Mexico. (National Hurricane Centre)
- ASEAN foreign ministers get together for their annual summit on the island of Bali in Indonesia with concerns over territorial claims on the South China Sea. (BBC)
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) arrests an alleged agent of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence in the US state of Virginia for making illegal campaign contributions. (MSNBC)
- A protest in the US city of San Francisco turns violent resulting in the arrest of 35 people. (NBC)
- Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping says the Chinese government will ampquotsmashampquot attempts for an independent Tibet in a speech outside the Potala Palace. (''Journal of Turkish Weekly'')
- Northern Mariana Islands Governor Benigno Fitial and Guam Governor Eddie Calvo state that they are in serious talks to potentially merge the U.S. territories of Guam and the Northern Mariana Islands. (''Saipan Tribune'')
- News Corporation affair
- News Corporation Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch and his son James Murdoch appear before a select committee of the United Kingdom parliament over the ''News of the World'' phone hacking affair. Murdoch Senior apologises for the scandal, but says he is not responsible for it. (BBC)
- A man attacks Murdoch during the final part of questioning with a shaving cream pie. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Voters in the 30th Senate district in the US state of Wisconsin go to the polls for the first recall election for Democrat Dave Hansen. (''New York Times'')
- US budget debate
- The President of the United States, Barack Obama, endorses in principle a bipartisan proposal developed in the United States Senate to cut debt. (''Washington Post'')
- The United States House of Representatives votes to approve the ampquotCut, Cap and Balance Actampquot by 234-190 but it is unlikely to pass the United States Senate. (CNN Political Ticker)
- The Space Shuttle Atlantis undocks from the International Space Station for the final time in the history of the space shuttle program. (NASA)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Man Down - Rihanna
Top #10 Latin songs
- Taboo - Don Omar
- You - Romeo Santos
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Prometi - Intocable
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- No Me Dejes Con Las Ganas - Los Horoscopos de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Adolescents - Incubus
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $41.10
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $101.02
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $87.98
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.24
- 1 CHF = 7.8413 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8023 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8675 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.932 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?