Thursday 21 July 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 21, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Kiss Me, directed by Alexandra-Therese Keining, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Devil Colony by James Rollins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Home Alabama.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Contre Jour or Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 July 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 21 July 2011 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 July
- Australian radio host Derryn Hinch is sentenced to five months home detention for broadcasting the names of two sex offenders. (News.com.au)
- Space Shuttle Atlantis lands successfully at Kennedy Space Center after completing STS-135, concluding NASA's space shuttle program.ref name=quotlanding timesquot
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Gunfire and arrests take place in Syria's third largest city of Homs against anti-government protests. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Rebels report ampquotfierceampquot counter-attacks on the eastern front. (Reuters)
- 2011 Malawian protests:
- At least eighteen people are killed during mass protests in Malawi. (AP)
- The army has reportedly been deployed in the capital, Lilongwe. (BBC)
- Senegal bans demonstrations in the capital Dakar ahead of planned opposition protests against the regime of President Abdoulaye Wade. (BBC)
- Author Lee Child ndash creater of the Jack Reacher series ndash wins the novel of the year award at the Harrogate Crime Writing Festival for his book ''61 Hours''. (BBC)
- Euro zone leaders secure a 109 billion euro bailout for Greece with the country going into default for a short period, but with increased powers for the main European rescue fund to assist countries that have not been bailed out, such as Spain and Italy. (''New York Times'')
- The Government of Japan publishes a reconstruction plan for areas devastated by the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (NHK World)
- Two dozen people have died this week in a heat wave in the United States. (''New York Times'')
- Three Russian police officers are convicted for abuse of office in Khabarovsk in the Far Eastern Federal District. (RIA Novosti)
- Another riot occurs at Australia's Christmas Island Immigration Reception and Processing Centre overnight with tear gas again used to quell inmates. (''Herald Sun'')
- A Japanese court sentences Tatsuya Ichihashi to life imprisonment for the murder of British teacher Lindsay Hawker. (Sky News)
- News International phone hacking scandal
- MSNBC reports that the United States Department of Justice is investigating claims that News Corporation's advertising arm repeatedly hacked into the computers of competitors. (MSNBC)
- Two former News International executives have called into question certain aspects of the evidence given by James Murdoch to a House of Commons select Committee earlier this week. (BBC)
- The Central Bank of Iran launches a (Tabnak)
- Team owners in the National Football League have voted to approve a 10 year deal with the National Football League Players Association and to end a lockout if players approve. (''Washinton Post'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Man Down - Rihanna
Top #10 Latin songs
- Taboo - Don Omar
- You - Romeo Santos
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Prometi - Intocable
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- No Me Dejes Con Las Ganas - Los Horoscopos de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Adolescents - Incubus
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.05
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $101.99
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $88.48
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $35.34
- 1 CHF = 7.9026 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8404 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8649 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.999 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?