Thursday 21 July 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Friends with Benefits, directed by Will Gluck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Weekly Idol.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle: Los Angeles or Ant Raid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 21 July 2011 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 July
- Australian radio host Derryn Hinch is sentenced to five months home detention for broadcasting the names of two sex offenders. (News.com.au)
- Space Shuttle Atlantis lands successfully at Kennedy Space Center after completing STS-135, concluding NASA's space shuttle program.ref name=quotlanding timesquot
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Gunfire and arrests take place in Syria's third largest city of Homs against anti-government protests. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Rebels report ampquotfierceampquot counter-attacks on the eastern front. (Reuters)
- 2011 Malawian protests:
- At least eighteen people are killed during mass protests in Malawi. (AP)
- The army has reportedly been deployed in the capital, Lilongwe. (BBC)
- Senegal bans demonstrations in the capital Dakar ahead of planned opposition protests against the regime of President Abdoulaye Wade. (BBC)
- Author Lee Child ndash creater of the Jack Reacher series ndash wins the novel of the year award at the Harrogate Crime Writing Festival for his book ''61 Hours''. (BBC)
- Euro zone leaders secure a 109 billion euro bailout for Greece with the country going into default for a short period, but with increased powers for the main European rescue fund to assist countries that have not been bailed out, such as Spain and Italy. (''New York Times'')
- The Government of Japan publishes a reconstruction plan for areas devastated by the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami. (NHK World)
- Two dozen people have died this week in a heat wave in the United States. (''New York Times'')
- Three Russian police officers are convicted for abuse of office in Khabarovsk in the Far Eastern Federal District. (RIA Novosti)
- Another riot occurs at Australia's Christmas Island Immigration Reception and Processing Centre overnight with tear gas again used to quell inmates. (''Herald Sun'')
- A Japanese court sentences Tatsuya Ichihashi to life imprisonment for the murder of British teacher Lindsay Hawker. (Sky News)
- News International phone hacking scandal
- MSNBC reports that the United States Department of Justice is investigating claims that News Corporation's advertising arm repeatedly hacked into the computers of competitors. (MSNBC)
- Two former News International executives have called into question certain aspects of the evidence given by James Murdoch to a House of Commons select Committee earlier this week. (BBC)
- The Central Bank of Iran launches a (Tabnak)
- Team owners in the National Football League have voted to approve a 10 year deal with the National Football League Players Association and to end a lockout if players approve. (''Washinton Post'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 July 2011
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?