Monday 18 July 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Friends with Benefits, directed by Will Gluck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Seal Team Six by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Weekly Idol.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dark Souls or Minecraft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 18 July 2011 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 July
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Rebels claim victory in the eastern town of Brega. (Reuters)
- Former Foreign Minister Abdel Rahman Shalgham says that the Libyan government was responsible for the bombing of UTA Flight 772 in 1989 over Niger. (Al Arabiya)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- 50 protesters arrested in the city of Hama are released. (BBC)
- Qatar suspends operations at its embassy in Syria, after it was attacked by government supporters. (''Gulf News'')
- US General David Petraeus hands over command of NATO forces in Afghanistan to United States Marine Corps Lieutenant General John R. Allen. (CNN)
- Rioting at a police station in Hotan in the Xinjiang region of western China kills at least four people. (Xinhua)
- Nine months after a goodwill gesture Japan and South Korea will commence negotiations in August on the return of more than 1,200 volumes of ancient Korean royal archives taken during Japanese rule between 1910 and 1945. (Yonhap News)
- The ''Philadelphia Daily News'' reports that Cardinal Justin Rigali will resign five months after a U.S. grand jury accuses the Archdiocese of Philadelphia that he heads of failing to investigate claims of sexual abuse of children by clergy in the diocese. (Philly.com)
- Cisco Systems announces plans to cut 11,500 jobs including transfer of a plant employing 5,000 people in Juarez, Mexico, to Foxconn. (CNBC)
- The eastern United States will have a heat wave this week which has already commenced in the Plains States and Midwest. (''USA Today'')
- The U.S. city of Phoenix, Arizona, is hit by a haboob or dust storm. (Fox News)
- The Vatican and Malaysia establish diplomatic relations. (AP via Google News)
- Iran claims to have taken control of three Iranian Kurdish PJAK camps inside Iraq. (Al Arabiya)
- The President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev commences a two-day visit to Germany. (RIA Novosti)
- The United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrives in India for two days of talks with the Indian government. (IBN Live)
- The trial of five bloggers in the United Arab Emirates for advocating democratic reforms resumes. (Al-Jazeera)
- The San Francisco County Superior Court in the US state of California announces plans to cut 200 jobs and close 25 out of 63 court rooms due to budget problems. (ABC News America)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 July 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Bochum : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?