Sunday 11 June 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erving Goffman and Michael Cacoyannis.
The Phantom Carriage, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1922 ?
- Erving Goffman: Sociologist (presentation of self in everyday life).
- Michael Cacoyannis: Greek Cypriot director producer and screenwriter (d. 2011).
- John Bromfield: South Bend, Indiana -- Actor (Easy to Love).
- Jean Boggs: Peruvian-Canadian historian academic and civil servant (d. 2014).
- Douglas Campbell: Scottish-Canadian actor and screenwriter (d. 2009).
- Tom Cole: Welsh-American racing driver (d. 1953).
- U.S. première of Robert J. Flaherty's ''Nanook of the North'', the first commercially successful feature length documentary film.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Not Lately - Bert Williams
- Birmingham Blues - Edith Wilson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?