Wednesday 28 June 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mauro Bolognini and Terje Stigen.
The Dictator, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1922 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Mauro Bolognini: Italian film director, mannered with taste for elegant images whose films usually have great flair.
- Terje Stigen: Norwegian author (Det siste paradiset).
- Michael Vale: American actor (d. 2005).
- Glenn Johnson: American player in the National Football League.
- Pierre Brygoo: Tourcoing physician.
- Lloyd La Beach: Panamanian sprinter and long jumper (d. 1999).
- Velimir Khlebnikov: Russian poet and playwright (d. 1922).
- The Irish Civil War begins with the shelling of the Four Courts in Dublin by Free State forces.
- The Irish Civil War begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Swanee River Moon - Prince's Orchestra
- High Brown Blues - Sophie Tucker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?