Monday 26 June 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Peacock and Campbell Adamson.
The Dictator, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Head of the House of Coombe by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1922 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Alan Peacock: Economist.
- Campbell Adamson: CEO (Abbey National Pictures).
- Gérard Calvi: French composer, probably most famous for his work on three Asterix films: Asterix the Gaul, Asterix and Cleopatra and The Twelve Tasks of Asterix.
- Eleanor Parker: American actress whose beauty was first spotted by a talent scout at the Pasadena playhouse.
- Frances Rafferty: American actress who began her career as a dancer.
- Louis Honoré Charles Antoine Grimaldi becomes Reigning Prince Louis II of Monaco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- High Brown Blues - Sophie Tucker
- Swanee River Moon - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?