Thursday 1 June 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Caulfield and Joan Copeland.
The Phantom Carriage, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while If Winter Comes by A.S.M. Hutchinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1922 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Joan Caulfield: American former model and actress, a wide-eyed blonde beauty who played wholesome ingénue roles in light films of the '40s.
- Joan Copeland: American actress.
- Abdul Rashid: Pakistan -- Field hockey player (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Joan Copeland [Miller]: NYC, New York -- Actress (Roseland, A Little Sex).
- Joachim Boosfeld: German Nazi military figure, a Hauptsturmführer (Chief Storm Leader/Captain) in the Waffen-SS during World War II.
- Povel Ramel: Swedish singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2007).
- The Royal Ulster Constabulary is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Georgia - Peerless Quartet
- Play That Song of India Again - Charles Harrison
- Virginia Blues - Van & Schenck
- Angel Child - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?