Friday 2 June 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Juan Antonio Bardem and Jean-Marie Coldefy.
The Phantom Carriage, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Gentle Julia by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1922 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Juan Antonio Bardem: Spanish director and screenwriter (d. 2002).
- Jean-Marie Coldefy: St-Mandé Journalist.
- Juan Bardem: Spanish director and screenwriter (d. 2002).
- Charlie Sifford: American golfer (d. 2015).
- Carmen Silvera: Canadian-English actress and singer (d. 2002).
- Suffy McInnis (first base) ends an errorless string of 1,700 chances.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Georgia - Peerless Quartet
- Play That Song of India Again - Charles Harrison
- Virginia Blues - Van & Schenck
- Angel Child - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?