Friday 16 June 1922
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frances Rafferty and Mo Udall.
The Landlord, directed by Emil Hyde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1922 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Frances Rafferty
- Mo Udall: American politician (Born 1922).
- Ilmar Kullam: Estonian basketball player and coach (d. 2011).
- Henry Berliner demonstrates his helicopter to US Bureau of Aeronautics.
- General election in the Irish Free State: a large majority goes to the pro-Treaty Sinn Fein.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Some Sunny Day - Marion Harris
- Georgia - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Every Day - Ted Lewis & His Band