Saturday 11 June 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Willig and Tom Pryce.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Cavalcade of Stars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1949 ?
- George Willig: Stuntman (climbed World Trade Center in 1977).
- Tom Pryce: British racing driver (d. 1977).
- Ross Harvey: Australian pro astrologer who calculated "The Life Span Revolution," 1991-1992.
- Frank Beard: American drummer and songwriter (ZZ Top and American Blues).
- 49th US Golf Open: Cary Middlecoff shoots a 286 at Medinah Country Club - Illinois
- 81st Belmont: Ted Atkinson aboard Capot wins in 2:30.2
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 10,000m (29:28.2)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 June 1949
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Room Full Of Roses - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Frank Sinatra - Some Enchanted Evening
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan
- The Hucklebuck - Frank Sinatra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?