Friday 11 May 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yaacov Agam and Marco Ferreri.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1928 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Yaacov Agam: Israeli sculptor.
- Marco Ferreri: Italian film director whose films are based with an absurd sense of humor and grotesque settings.
- Yvonne Furneaux
- Brother Andrew: Dutch missionary.
- Henry Gluck: German-American financial economist and CEO in charge of Caesars casino of New Jersey.
- Andrew van der Bijl: Dutch missionary and author.
- 54th Kentucky Derby: Chick Lang aboard Reigh Count wins in 2:10.4
- 54th Preakness: Raymond Sonny Workman aboard Victorian wins in 2:00.2
- General Electric opens first TV-station (Schenectady New York).