Monday 11 November 1912, Veteran's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cissie Elizabeth Charlton and Thomas C Mann.
Cleopatra, directed by Charles L. Gaskill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1912!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1912 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Cissie Elizabeth Charlton: Football matriarch.
- Thomas C Mann: American diplomat (d. 1999).
- Thomas Mann: American lawyer politician and diplomat United States Ambassador to El Salvador (d. 1999).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Everybody Two-Step - American Quartet
- I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen - Will Oakland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?