Saturday 16 March 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pearl Moore and Laurence La Ferrière.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
The Strange One, directed by Jack Garfein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Organization Man by William H. Whyte Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Railway Children.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1957 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Pearl Moore: Women's Professional Basketball League guard (New York Stars).
- Laurence La Ferrière: French mountaineer and adventurer.
- Matthew Bannister: English broadcaster.
- 9th Emmy Awards: Phil Silvers Show, Robert Young and Loretta Young
- Patty Berg wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
- Toronto Maple Leafs tie NHL record 37 points beating New York Rangers 14-1.
- In Burbank, California, the 9th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Desi Arnaz.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?