Tuesday 29 November 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Duchaussoy and Michrl Duchaussoy.
The Terror of Tiny Town, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1938 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Michel Duchaussoy: French actor.
- Michrl Duchaussoy: Valenciennes Actor.
- Gene Okerlund: American wrestling interviewer and announcer.
- Kashiwado Tsuyoshi: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 47th Yokozuna (Born 1938).
- Mayor Oud of Rotterdam forbids soccer match between Neth-Germany
- Flora Disney (Walt Disney's mother) dies of inhaling poison gas fumes from a defective water heater.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- F.D.R. Jones - Ella Fitzgerald (Chick Webb Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?