Sunday 11 December 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1938). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Enrico Macias and McCoy Tyner.
The Frontiersmen, directed by Lesley Selander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Foundations of Cookery.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1938
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1938!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1938 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Enrico Macias: French singer, entertainer, songwriter and musician.
- McCoy Tyner: American jazz pianist.
- Reg Livermore: Australian entertainer.
- Christian Lous Lange: Norwegian historian, teacher, and political scientist.
- New York Giants win NFL championship.