Sunday 13 November 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Seberg and Gérald Godin.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 November 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jean Seberg: American actress whose career was launched with her 1957 portrayal of Jean d'Arc in Otto Preminger's "Saint Joan.
- Gérald Godin: Canadian journalist poet and politician (d. 1994).
- Jean Seberg in Marshaltown: Iowa, USA; actress (Breathless, Paint Your Wagon).
- Gerald Godin: French Canadian poet and politician (d. 1994).
- Raymond Nelson: American founder and CEO of Allwaste, a company that removes industrial waste with vacuum equipment.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?