Wednesday 30 November 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Eustache and Giorgio Garuzzo.
The Terror of Tiny Town, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1938 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Jean Eustache: French film director, screenwriter, and editor.
- Giorgio Garuzzo: Italian engineer and administrator.
- John Goldman: English haematologist and oncologist (d. 2013).
- Corneliu Codreanu: Romania fascist / putschist (Iron Guard).
- Fascist coup in Romania, fails
- Germany bans Jews being lawyers
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- F.D.R. Jones - Ella Fitzgerald (Chick Webb Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?