Thursday 24 November 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Starkweather and Oscar Robertson.
The Terror of Tiny Town, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 November 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Charles Starkweather: American homicide; a mass murderer by the time he was 18.
- Oscar Robertson: Charlotte, Tennessee -- NBAer (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Willy Claes: Belgian Deputy from 1968 and General Secretary of NATO in 1994.
- Jean-Pierre Rous: French sommelier, president of the Slow Food Monaco Association and former chef of Louis XV Restaurant in MonteCarlo.
- David Newell: Actor (Dangerous Curves, White Heat), dies at 75.
- National Semi-Pro Basketball Congress authorizes yellow basketball.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?