Thursday 24 November 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willy Claes and Oscar Robertson.
The Terror of Tiny Town, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Willy Claes: Belgian Deputy from 1968 and General Secretary of NATO in 1994.
- Oscar Robertson: Charlotte, Tennessee -- NBAer (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jean-Pierre Rous: French sommelier, president of the Slow Food Monaco Association and former chef of Louis XV Restaurant in MonteCarlo.
- Charles Starkweather: American homicide; a mass murderer by the time he was 18.
- David Newell: Actor (Dangerous Curves, White Heat), dies at 75.
- National Semi-Pro Basketball Congress authorizes yellow basketball.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 November 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?