Friday 18 November 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Schranz and Jules Al-Jamil.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 November 1938 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Karl Schranz: in Austria; slalom (Olympic-1968).
- Jules Al-Jamil: Iraqi-Lebanese archbishop (d. 2012).
- Norbert Ratsirahonana: Malagasy politician Prime Minister of Madagascar.
- Trade union members elect John L. Lewis as the first president of the Congress of Industrial Organizations.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?