Wednesday 2 November 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Queen Sofía of Spain and Pat Buchanan.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 November 1938 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Queen Sofía of Spain
- Pat Buchanan: American right-wing politician with inflammatory rhetoric.
- Ria Beckers-de Bruijn: Dutch MP (PPR).
- Queen Sofia: of Spain.
- David Lane: American white nationalist (d. 2007).
- Jay Black: American singer (Jay and the Americans).
- Sofía : Queen Sofía of Spain.
- Jay Traynor: Rocker (Jay & The Americans).
- Jimmie Foxx wins his 3rd AL MVP
- Arising from The Munich Agreement Hungary is quotawardedquot the Felvidek region of South Slovakia and Ruthenia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?