Wednesday 16 November 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Landry and Toni Brown.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1938 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Richard Landry: Composer.
- Toni Brown: US guitarist / singer / keyboardist (Joy of Cooking).
- Robert Nozick: American philosopher author and academic (d. 2002).
- K B Regiment refuses round-table conference in East-India
- LSD is first synthesized by Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann at the Sandoz Laboratories in Basel, Switzerland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?