Wednesday 11 September 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Primoz Kozak and David S Broder in Chicago Heights.
Diary of a Lost Girl, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1929 ?
- David S Broder in Chicago Heights: Illinois, USA; journalist (1973 Pulitzer Prize).
- Primoz Kozak: Slovenian playwright (d. 1981).
- Eve Brent: American actress, often billed as Jean Lewis, who in 1980 won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress for her work in "Fade to Black," an American horror film.
- Charles Moffett: American free jazz drummer.
- Luis García: Venezuelan baseball player and manager (d. 2014).
- Primož Kozak: Slovenian playwright (d. 1981).
- Patrick Mayhew: Baron Mayhew of Twysden English lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.
- Burhan Doğançay: Turkish-American artist (d. 2013).
- San Francisco Mayor Rolph inaugurates new pedestrian traffic light system