Wednesday 11 September 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 11, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David S Broder in Chicago Heights and Arnold Palmer.
Diary of a Lost Girl, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1929 ?
- Arnold Palmer: Athlete.
- David S Broder in Chicago Heights: Illinois, USA; journalist (1973 Pulitzer Prize).
- Primoz Kozak: Slovenian playwright (d. 1981).
- Eve Brent: American actress, often billed as Jean Lewis, who in 1980 won a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress for her work in "Fade to Black," an American horror film.
- Charles Moffett: American free jazz drummer.
- Luis García: Venezuelan baseball player and manager (d. 2014).
- Primož Kozak: Slovenian playwright (d. 1981).
- Patrick Mayhew: Baron Mayhew of Twysden English lawyer and politician Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.
- Burhan Doğançay: Turkish-American artist (d. 2013).
- San Francisco Mayor Rolph inaugurates new pedestrian traffic light system