Monday August 26, 1907
US date format: 8/26/1907, UK date format: 26/8/1907
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 26, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lester Lanin .
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 26, 1907?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Houdini escapes from chains underwater at Aquatic Park in 57 seconds
- Lester Lanin: American bandleader (Born 1907).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 26, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Haydn Quartet - Stein Song
- Bob Roberts - You'll Have to Wait Till My Ship Comes In
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh at the Dentist's
- Byron G. Harlan - It's Great to be a Soldier Man
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - Honey Boy